Use of the website
The term ‘STAR’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Shere Lane, Shere, GU5 9HS. Our company registration number is 06714221. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by STAR and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. Please note that the website shows stock available across the company and products may not be available at all times.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of STAR. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Outside takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Trek Hire UK Ltd. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Who are we?
Trek Hire UK Ltd is an independent, family owned outdoor retailer, with one bricks and mortar store in the Surrey Hills with two websites. You’ll find all our contact details on the website CONTACT US.
Every time you visit our website your IP (Internet Protocol) address registers on our servers. This data can’t be used to identify you, but we do use it to help us monitor traffic on our website, or (in case of criminal activity or misuse of our information) to cooperate with law enforcement.
- We use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behaviour on our website. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on.
Where is your data stored?
We store your personal contact data on an external server, which is operated by a third-party hosting company based in the UK, who comply with all the latest security and privacy procedures.
Who do we share your data with?
Our contract with you
We share your contact details with some third party service providers so that we can complete your orders. All these companies are compliant with the latest EU GDPR data protection legislation.
For example, we use QuickBooks to check and process your card details, and in some cases we share your address with our couriers so they can deliver your order.
If you have opted in to our marketing list, we will share your name and email address with a marketing email provider, Mailchimp.com. They help us create better emails, which we hope will be of more interest to you. You must opt in to be added to this list, and you can unsubscribe or change your email preferences at any time by following the links provided in all our emails.
From time to time, we may offer competition prizes or partner with outdoor brands to do so. Participants will be required to share their names, email addresses and gender to enter, and this data is collected by a third party provider and added to our marketing lists (unless you have previously unsubscribed from our list). In some cases, it may also be shared with our competition partner, but this will be specified in the competition rules. Again, any email you receive will contain a link allowing you to unsubscribe.
How long do we keep your information?
If we don’t hear from you for over five years after you’ve made a purchase, we’ll remove your contact details from our database. It’s not that we don’t want you back, it’s just good housekeeping. If you make another purchase after this time, you will need to create a new account.
By the same token, if you don’t interact with any of our emails for a while, we’ll send you a gentle nudge and then, if you don’t choose to reply, we’ll delete you from our marketing list. You’re very welcome to join us again at any time.
If you have chosen to unsubscribe from our marketing lists, we can’t reinstate your email address; you can do that yourself from your STAR account.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Purchase of products
The steps required to create a contract between you and us are:
- You place an order for your products on the website by choosing “I agree to the terms and conditions” and pressing the “next” button at the end of the checkout process. You will then enter your payment details in series of simple steps on the website.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email once your order request has been received. This will detail the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from STAR.
- We will send you a despatch confirmation email when your product is shipped from our shop.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch of your products unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions to cancel an order.
We may not be able to accept your order due to one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock.
- The inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing, product description or image error.
- You being ineligible to order due to the Terms & Conditions agreed with our suppliers (for instance, due to your location).
Occasionally products may entitle you to a free or discounted promotional item. If you choose to return the originally purchased item for a refund, you must also return the promotional item. If the promotional item is not returned, you will be charged for the MSRP of this item. Any charge made will be deducted from your refund for the originally purchased item.
Rights to Cancel
You are entitled to cancel this contract if you wish to do so provided that you exercise your right no longer than 10 days after the day after the day on which you receive the goods. Notification to cancel this contract must be made by phone call or if you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract AFTER your order has already been despatched please follow the procedures set out in our returns procedure.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to arrange and pay for the return of goods to us, unless the goods are found to be faulty, not of satisfactory quality, or do not meet the description given. The buyer must return the goods within 10 days of notifying STAR of cancelling the contract.
If a more expensive delivery option than standard was chosen we will refund only the cost of our standard delivery option not the full outbound delivery cost.
You must include the original packaging and product labels. We reserve the right to reduce the amount of money refunded for goods returned which show evidence of use beyond the handling necessary to see whether the goods are as expected.
Please note that your right to cancel does NOT apply to products which fall into the following categories unless they are found to be faulty, not of satisfactory quality, or do not meet the description given:
- Bespoke and customised goods.
- Goods which will deteriorate or expire rapidly (for example food).
- Goods received sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons once unsealed.
- Sealed audio, video and software products once unsealed.
All prices stated are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
All orders will incur VAT* at 20% if applicable unless the order has come from within the EC and the customer is VAT registered and has supplied a VAT number. *Except Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney & Sark which are VAT Exempt and all orders from outside the EC.
Sale of Knives and Axes
Under the Offensive Weapons Act it is an offence to sell knives or any other product that may be perceived as an offensive weapon to persons under the age of 18. Customers must be over 18 and must not order these items for persons under 18. To purchase any item that can be classified as an offensive weapon by the Offensive Weapons Act you must use a credit card to show you are over 18.
Description of products
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time the information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions, images and prices appearing on this website at a particular time may not always reflect the exact stock the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of products until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
Here at STAR we want you to be completely satisfied every time you use our site. Despite this we realise you may occasionally want to return items to us. If you change your mind about a purchase you can return any goods* within a period of 28 days from the date on which the goods are delivered, for either an exchange or refund.
How to return an item
When returning an item to STAR please include your name and order number in the parcel and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when to expect your return. Please include your name and order number in the email.
How to ask for an exchange
If you would like to exchange your order for a different size or colour, follow the returns procedure above and please specify what you’d like instead so we can reserve it for you. If there are any issues with your exchange, we will be in touch.
Send your order back to STAR
Please send the returned parcel to us so that we receive it within 28 days from the date that the item was originally delivered to you. The returns address is:
Surrey Trek and Run, Returns, Shere Lane, Shere, Surrey, GU5 9HS
For your protection we recommend that you use an appropriately insured delivery service as you are responsible for the item until we have received it (please keep your proof of postage until we have confirmed we have received the item).
Please note that you are responsible for the costs of return postage unless the goods are found to be faulty, not of satisfactory quality, or do not meet the description given. You must include the original packaging and product labels. We reserve the right to reduce the amount of money refunded for goods returned which show evidence of use beyond the handling necessary to see whether the goods are as expected.
If any item purchased from STAR develops a fault after the initial 28 days please return it to us for inspection following the above returns procedure, clearly noting the nature of the fault. Any faulty products must be returned in a clean and dry condition or we will be unable to process them. If you have received an incorrect item or your order has been damaged in transit, please follow the returns procedure above and in this instance we will of course refund your reasonable return postage costs.
*Our returns policy applies to all purchases from our store, excluding the following items which cannot be returned unless faulty:
- Bespoke and customised goods
- Goods which will deteriorate or expire rapidly (for example food)
- Goods received sealed for health protection or hygiene reasons once unsealed
- Sealed audio, video and software products once unsealed.
Last update: 11th October 2021